Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Institute for Management Development (SDMIMD), a premier B School located in Mysuru, was established in 1993 with the objective of providing quality management education based on a firm foundation of Indian values and ethics.
SDMIMD is promoted by Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Educational Trust, a much admired non-profit educational trust that runs over 40 recognized educational institutions in Karnataka, including Engineering, Medical and Dental colleges.
Part of the venerable 700 year old Shri Dharmasthala Temple, the Trust under the able leadership of our visionary Chairman, Dr. D. Veerendra Heggade has played an active role in empowering people and bettering the lives of communities in Karnataka.
SDMIMD’s flagship offering is a two year, full time, residential Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) program which is approved by AICTE and accredited by NBA. The program has also been recognized as equivalent to MBA by Association of Indian Universities.
SDMIMD’s PGDM Program is accredited by ACBSP (Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs), USA. And EFMD (European Foundation for Management Development), thus becoming the first institute in India to get the dual accreditation of ACBSP and EFMD-EPAS and we continue to be the only school which has EPAS (now this is called EFMD Program accredited). The Institute is also now a Member of AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) bringing it on a contact base with leading B Schools of the world. SDMIMD is only the second school in the country to be assessed for comprehensive impact assessment and has been awarded BSIS (Business School Impact System) certification by EFMD. The Institute also has Diamond Rating by QS-I Gauge, Indian wing of the global ranking agency QS World Rankings, London. With the intention of strengthening the PGDM program and providing students and faculty with international exposure, the Institute has 18 tie-ups with several foreign universities for academic collaboration.
With the intention of strengthening the PGDM program and providing students and faculty with international exposure, the Institute has entered into partnership with over fifteen universities across the globe.
SDMIMD takes immense pride in its distinguished faculty, comprising renowned scholars in their respective fields who inspire through impactful teaching and extensive research contributions. The institute is committed to academic rigour and fosters a holistic learning environment that nurtures socially conscious leaders and responsible managers. With learner-centric pedagogies and an industry-aligned curriculum, SDMIMD fosters a vibrant educational environment that empowers students to excel and contribute positively to society.
The students of SDMIMD are highly sought after by the Industry due to their exceptional academic training, ethical values, and practical skills. With consistent placement records and strong industry connections, they are well-equipped to make a meaningful impact in the corporate world.
SDMIMD Mysore Admission Highlights
|Name of the Institute
|SD Institute for Management Development [SDMIMD], Mysore
|Type of Institute
|Basic Admission Criteria
|Merit-based and Entrance-Based
|PGDM – CAT/XAT/GMAT/CMAT/ATMA/MAT
|Ph.D.: Ph.D. Admission Test/UGC-JRF
|Mode of Entrance
SDMIMD Mysore PGDM Eligibility
- Graduates/Final Year Graduation students appearing for CAT/XAT/GMAT/CMAT/NMAT or who already have valid CAT/XAT/GMAT/CMAT/NMAT scores.
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% aggregate in 10+2+3 qualifying exams.
SDMIMD Mysore PGDM Selection Criteria
- Applicants will be shortlisted based on consistent academic performance, competitive exam score, recognition of participation in extracurricular activities including sports, debates, theatre, fine arts, etc. and work experience if applicable finally for the admission.
- Shortlisted applicants, based on the consistent academic performance, extracurricular activities will be called for Personal Interview in February – March 2021 to be held at several centres across India as mentioned in the Application Form (Online interviews are also scheduled on request).
- Selected students will be intimated by email/phone/mobile. The seats will be blocked for admission on receipt of the first installment of fees by the due date as mentioned in the Offer Letter.
- The seats will be confirmed subject to the receipt of the student’s entrance exam score and payment of the Second installment of fees.
- Candidates seeking admission must appear for any one of the following exams:
SDMIMD, Mysore Faculty
The faculty at SDMIMD includes professors and lecturers with years of relevant experience. There are regular guests or visiting faculty as well on campus.
- Full time faculty is divided into different departments like 4 under Finance, 5 under Marketing, 2 for Operations and Quantitative Methods, 3 for Human Resources and Systems respectively and 4 general faculty
- There are 14 Ph.D. holders and 5 M.Phil. degree holders among core faculty team
- Along with regular faculty, there are 4 Adjunct faculty and 11 visiting faculty